


Hi Family
Im taking over the blog, but wanted to post some pics from our canyoning adventure. To explain it in more detail, basically you are jumping and sliding downa stream on the mountain. You are wearing lots of gear, wetsuit, booties, hiking shoes, overalls (felt like my dad in his Dickees) harness, helmet, lifevest. We drove up to our starting position and then walked down to the zipline and made our way down. Slid down rocks into mini pools, jumped into pools, etc. It was really fun, but very cold! The highest jump was 8 meters, so a little over 26 feet! There was an 11 meter jump that you could do, but the girls were smart and opted to pass on that, but of course the boys all jumped!
Last night I went to the Cinelac (outdoor open air cinema on the lake) with a friend from my French class - Annette. We saw Sex and the City, it was ladies night, hehehe. It was great, the movie was cute even though I never was a real big fan of the tv show, but the setting was perfect, the lake behind the screen, seeing boats in the background and the lights from across the lake, just a perfect way to enjoy a movie. Hoping to go see Kite Runner next Monday with John!
That's it for now, looking forward to another relaxing weekend before the fun and mayhem begins until November!
Sorry these pictures are a bit blurry, it was a waterproof disposable camera and I Dont have any pics of the high jump, my hands were frozen by this point and couldnt push the shutter down hard enough!
Lots of Love, Dana and John Melsom
1 comment:
Looks like a blast. I don't know if I have the courage to do something like that though:) I highly recommend the Kite Runner, Travis and I just saw it and it was wonderful...deep, but wonderful! Travis enjoyed it because it is in Dari so he could understand a lot of it.
Post a Comment