Saturday, June 05, 2010



For those that don't know, I transfered to New York City to do all my flying for work. While doing my temporary assignment in Detroit for the past six month, I got spoiled flying international trips....which are not flown out of the Orlando base.
So as of June first, all my trips will take-off and land in JFK.
Photos of my first trip, June 2-4 to follow. Stay tuned for my next adventure.

Shannon, Ireland
This is the view from just down and across the street from my hotel.



My hotel accommodations....very nice....aside from the Savoy, this was the nicest hotel in town. (as it should be.)
This was huge mural painted on the wall in the lobby of the hotel...I thought it was very cool. The "Limerick City" of Shannon is very charming and small. On the ride from the airport to the hotel, the countryside was lush and green and looked a lot like Utah County. (I think that is how I described the countryside in Pisa, Italy as well.....hmmmm what does that mean?)
Among the neat little houses in the city, you will find a castle.



couldn't have a castle...without a cannon.


Walked through the cemetary looking for "Kelly" headstones....maybe a dead relative...no such luck.


Loved Ireland...and from my observation...not a lot like England at all (at least London). And I was wondering....where are all the pretty people? But the weather was great and I loved the adventure of seeing a new place.

2 comments:

nita said...

that last pic looked like Scott ha

debbie Kelly said...

GREAT photos, so glad you got to go!!