Pretty soon I am going to run out of new and fun places I visit and with so many places I have yet to visit, I am swapping my schedule around so that I go to a new place every trip. Until then, please indulge me while I share pictures from my trip of the week.
I flew into Frankfurt International Airport, but we layover in Mainz, a suburb of Frankfurt. It is about a 30 minute drive from the airport. This is my first time to Germany, and although all these European cities I've been to lately have a lot of similarities but Germany seems more lush and green...but almost over-run kind of green. Seems a little neglected acutally.



Neat fountain in the courtyard in town.
The Mainzer Dom (Catholic Church) in the town square.
Hessen Rheinland-Pfalz(the river that runs through Frankfurt)
Fresco sculptures of some German knights.
The Theodor-Heuss-Brucke bridge.
Couldn't make my way through a European city without coming across
What you have to love about Europe, is that in the middle of every city large and small you will find these peaceful and quiet garden like park spots. Its neat how the city planners thought it necessary to dedicate this prime real estate for these parks...I believe it is one of those little touches that set apart Euopean cities from ones at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment