Leroy and Beulah 11 days old
(almost as big as momma and pappa)
Welcome to to the James Kelly Family Blog. We thought it would be fun to have a common place where anyone in the family can post news, photos and stories. We welcome any and all contributions from everyone. This can serve as our family's online bulletin board. We hope it will provide an easy way to keep up with each other's busy lives.
3 comments:
That’s amazing how much they have grown in such a short period of time. Are mom and dad feeding them “vomit food” or bringing them live bugs and stuff? Any idea how long until they fly away?........Ken
Yes, I am amazed at how FAST they have grown. I would suspect in a few days they will taking off. Leroy right now stands on the lip of the vase flapping his wings...I think he is getting itchy to take off. Not yet seen them "vomit" feed yet. Whenever they see us watching them, they instinctly freeze...so it is hard to see them do anything like that.
Leroy had his first flying lesson today. He was very clumsy and floppy as Henry took him out for this first trip. Beulah just sat in the nest and hopped on the edge of the pot and watched as her little brother took his first flight. I am sure she will do her first trip tomorrow.
We are going to save the potted nest, wrap it all up and store it in the garage until next year...and then in early spring, I will put it back in the same spot and see if they come back to "re" nest in the same place. Stay tuned next spring for details.
Post a Comment