Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So my first assignment for this sem. in my 3D class was a found object project. I needed to find an object and create something out of it....changing its identity, form, shape, use, etc...

So off to the DI I went to find some junk in hopes to gain some inspiration to what I was going to create. I want to say, that the DI is so wonderful and I am bless to have 3 so close to me for those times of need because you never know when you are gunna need a last min. ugly Christmas Sweater, a Bedazzled rope belt, a Molly Ringwald from the Breakfast Club outfit, or simply some mustard yellow 90's heals (b/c those are a must for any and every ladies Wardrobe). And for this case a found object for an Art project!!

I found some sweet old vintage-y books. Then I came up with idea of cutting the pages into something. I found this beautiful 1950's green with blue graphics book. I fell in love with it and bought it for a whopping $2!!

I then pulled out the handy dandy sketch book and started sketching some ideas to what I was going to cut out. As I was sketching all I could think of was lovely Grandpa that passed away 1.5 weeks ago. So with him being on my mind the last week I thought I would carve him into the pages of this lovely book. I drew and cut out the pic. of him standing by his old car, it's just a classic, handsome, picture of him; and classic and handsome were few of the many words to describe Grandpa.

This project is a book that represents a story of a life that is now history, a story of a wonderful man that was loved by so many, who left a legacy and a life that created many stories. So his book is finished and is put away on a shelf to rest. But when needed will be taken off that shelf to be read, smile, cry, laugh, and love!! I love you so much Grandpa and miss you xoxo....! Everyone Enjoy!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph..this is so FANTASTIC and I love it!...and very cool and sweet tribute for grandpa as well. Another fine job from the very talented family artist. love you uncle dean

Anonymous said...

Most definatley an A+ project!..and you met all the criteria for the assignment..very cool concept and most creative.

Jessica said...

awesome! So creative.

steve said...

wow.

(speechless)